Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley





President Gordon B. Hinckley will be greatly missed. He passed away January 27, 2007. I can remember when he became the Prophet of the church. I remember listening to him during conference, I'll admit, usually he was the only one I listened to. I would always have conference on in the background of whatever I was doing and when it was his turn to speak, I would stop whatever it was and turn up the volume and listen. I got the chance to go to the conference center and hear him speak at two different conferences. He was so kind to everyone. I loved watching him walk into conference waving his cane to say hello. He almost always had a little joke added in his talks. I remember this last conference in October, 2007 he said, " I know you are not supposed to use the same talk more than once, but I have given over 200 talks so I am going to use one of those." He made everyone laugh. I thought it was really cute. President Hinckley has been the prophet for most of my life that I can remember. I will miss him, but I know that he is with his wife for eternity now. He is in a much better place then we all are. I can only hope to one day make it there to see him again. As quoted from his funeral services today, and a hymn, "God be with you til we meet again." Goodbye President Hinckley.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yes! He will be missed!

First Day in New York

Second Day in New York, Palmyra and the Sacred Grove

New York Day 3 Times Square, Manhatten

This was the funnest Place ever! Times square New York

The Statue of Liberty