Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who says nothing happens in Idaho Falls?

I couln't believe it! I was working at Shopko today and a few of us were gathered in the customer service desk and our manager was telling us a story about how he got his nickname when all of the sudden the Security team comes running out of their office and two of them went out one door and the other two went out the other. They came back in with two other men with them. They couldn't tell us what they had stolen but we had to keep them locked in the back room until the cops got there. There is a little "jail cell" in the back office, I bet you didn't know that because I didn't until today. Well, while we were waiting for the police to arrive we heard a big noise outside. There were helicopters flying around! The police station called the Security gaurd and let him know that it would be awhile before anyone could come because there was a high speed chase going on on 17th street! (that is the one and only main street in our town) So about an hour had passed and the police station called again to make sure the men we had in custody were not causing too many problems because the chase was still going on and now shots had been fired! Well 17th street is just outside of Shopko and it was close to closing time so we had to leave the building in groups because when we left the people in the high speed chase still hadn't been caught. I know this kind of stuff happens in Salt Lake a lot. But, For it to happen here is pretty rare. It's kind of like in the movie Goonies when Chunk sees a high speed chase and smashes his pizza and shake against the window at the diner! it made my day a bit more interesting any way!

3 comments:

The Kelley Family said...

HA HA! so did the cops ever come and get the two guys?

Tiffany said...

Man, I want to hear more about this! I think I would have liked working that day! Sounds like you're in the news wherever it is!

Mike & Kristy said...

The cops hadn't come to get them yet and I left at 10:30 PM! LOL
It's not hard to be in the news in this town! I;m just popular I guess!!...not really

First Day in New York

Second Day in New York, Palmyra and the Sacred Grove

New York Day 3 Times Square, Manhatten

This was the funnest Place ever! Times square New York

The Statue of Liberty